Yard Manager - Oundle
Job Reference: APH00740938
As the UK’s leading equipment rental company, with over 165 Service Centres nationwide and 3,600 dedicated employees, it’s fair to say we pride ourselves on providing excellent service to our 30,000 customers. We offer years of expertise, certified training, a range of added value services and most importantly, a total commitment to ensuring safety at all times.
If you want to work for a company who are fast becoming THE employer of choice in the rental industry and who can offer you great career progression, then apply NOW!!!
Please note applications via agencies will not be considered.
A Yard Manager is required to join GB Access, the UK'd leading hoist hire equipment organisation. We form part of Ashtead Group is a FTSE 100 and can offer you excellent training opportunities with great scope for progression, supporting you throughout your career.
Roles and responsibilities
As Yard Manager you will be responsible for the overall day to day operation of our Oundle and Thrapston depots. The role will entail;
- Overseeing preparation of our Rack and Pinion Hoist fleet and accessories ready for delivery / hire
- Overseeing a workforce of 30+ staff and a team of supervisors
- Be responsible for all QHSE matters relating to the yard / workshop
- Be responsible for maintaining stock levels of all consumable items and hire stock.
- Take part in planning meetings with senior management / directors
- Look to ways to increase efficiency / output and quality.
To be considered for this role, we’re looking for someone who –
- Experience of managing a large multi-site yard / workshop.
- Electrical / Mechanical knowledge is desirable.
- Lifting Operations experience is desirable.
- Strong IT and Communication Skills
In return, we can offer a competitive salary, generous holiday allowance, life assurance and inclusion into the Company pension scheme.